Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Duty to the Dead pt 1

Dear Mr & Mrs Davies,

I regret to have to inform you that your brother, Ianto Jones, died during the recent incident with the alien lifeform known as the '456'. He was present at the confrontation in Thames House, and perished in the retaliation of the '456' which resulted in the deaths of all Thames House's occupants.

Although Ianto was not permitted to talk about his work, I want you to know that he was a highly valued and trusted member of my team, and his loss is a great blow to us all. He has saved us more times than anyone could ever know, and the world will never be the same without him. I know that my life has been the richer for knowing him, and that I will never find another man his equal.

Unfortunately due to the continued sensitive nature of our work, many of his possessions cannot be released. Either myself or my second in command Gwen Cooper will be in touch regarding the handover of what items can be disbursed. In the wake of this incident, I offer you and your family our assistance with anything you might require. Please don't hesitate to call on us. It's the least we can do.

Yours sincerely,
Capt Jack Harkness
Torchwood

No comments:

Post a Comment