Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Story

Okay so I've started this new story which is not really my usual. For a start, it's chaptered. And I have an outline. Planning ahead? So not me! ...okay so that's pretty much the only ways it's different. It's not my favourite pairing but I guess I'll try anything once.

Basically I want to concentrate on this story, so I probably won't write anything else for a while (although that's not the only reason). Have patience?

Here's my current outline and the possible prologue (don't kill me, I don't like her either but she just fits...)



Chapter One – Stolen Looks
Chapter Two – Tango
Chapter Three – Flirting With Disaster
Chapter Four – Time Slips Through Your Fingers
Chapter Five – Resurgent Memories
Chapter Six – What’s Yours Is Mine
Chapter Seven – Give And Take
Chapter Eight – Dreaming
Chapter Nine – The Final Countdown
Chapter Ten – Burning Bridges



Prologue – Someone Else’s Story


I suppose I should have seen it coming, me. It was only right in front of me the entire time. But, I guess I didn’t want to see it – after all, it was quite flattering to think I had three men after me all at once. It’d turn any girl’s head, what chance did I have when they all saved my life at least once? Each, mind you, as well as collectively, and what else was I supposed to think?

So – damn! I forgot to introduce myself – sorry, I’m always forgetting that these days. My name’s Rose Tyler, and this isn’t my story at all; it’s just that I’m the only person who was there at the start, and what was it the Doctor was always quoting at me? Something about beginnings and balances, but he explained it to me once – saying you had to know where it started to get the real story. So this is their story, from the beginning, as it’s meant to be told.

Oh! Before I start, there’s just one more thing. It’s not a nice story. There’s blood, and death, and mostly a coward running from everything that meant anything to him. Betrayal, revenge – oh yeah, it’s all in here. But there’s love too, and maybe that makes it all worth it. I’ll let you decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment