Friday, July 15, 2011

Subtext Textified

Erik and Charles continue texting. Because in a house full of mutant teenagers (and one adult human) - who else are they going to talk to?

The morning after the night before - 1:12:45 [xmfcUnKnOwN]



Charles,
What did we do last night? I can't remember anything after the fifth martini...
Erik.

Erik,
Martinis? Is that what we were drinking? All I can remember is a very large scotch and something about an illegal chess move...
Charles

Charles,
Tch, you really are a lightweight. And it wasn't illegal, you just didn't think of it first.
Erik.

Erik,
I'm sure there was more than one. I distinctly remember drinking something green. Greenish? Maybe that was the olives.
I declare a re-match tonight with perhaps less alcohol. Oh well, back to responsibility.
Charles.

Charles,
Considering neither of us can remember who won - if either of us did - perhaps the better phrasing should be 'match' rather than 'rematch'... I'll join you and the children later, when my brain feels less like escaping from my skull. I'm sure your human will be grateful for the reprieve.
Erik.

Erik,
You see, I am working on  my control. I'm going out there into that horde with this supernova in my brain...
I really wish you wouldn't refer to Moira as 'the human'. I thought you of all people would be against racism.
Charles

Charles,
Me of all people? Your piety is even stronger hungover, apparently. Don't make me into something I'm not.
Erik.

Erik,
I'm sorry my friend I didn't mean to preach, it simply...concerns me. Oh no. I'm working with Sean this morning.
Charles.

Charles,
Perhaps you should reconsider beginning with power training and instead improve group dynamics first. It might be slightly quieter. And not as bright.
Erik.

Erik,
What do you suggest? Breaking the ice games? Communication exercises. They're teenagers. That's going to go down fabulously.
Charles

Charles,
Use your imagination. What do teenagers enjoy?
Erik.

Erik,
Um, reading a good book? Chess? Eating? I'm a little out of touch my friend. I spent my teenage years at Oxford.
Charles

Charles,
Music, my repressed friend. Movies. Although you might have a struggle linking Bigfoot with the others - he takes after his mother.
Erik.

Charles,
And by mother, of course, I mean you.
Erik.

Erik,
Oh very droll. I'm not that bad am I? *sigh* No it's probably true. Movies and music. Well you know what they say. He who gets the vision gets the job. Erik Lehnsherr, teamwork trainer extraordinaire.
Charles.

Charles,
I'm not dealing with the children until later. Unless you really want them to learn to defend themselves against me this early. I should be able to restrain myself from more permanent damage...but I won't guarantee it given my current state of mind.
Erik.

Erik,
It's all about focus my dear Erik. Focus and control. I'll go down and have a little chat about teamwork...
Charles.

Charles,
Perhaps we can start them off by tying them together. Three legs and two arms - or even two - between two of them so they have to work together. It'd occupy them for hours.
Erik.

Erik,
That sounds slightly painful and more than slightly confusing. Isn't it potentially embarrassing?
Charles.

Charles,
Is that a problem? We could take bets on how long it takes before they start fighting, especially if Bigfoot and the Inmate are leashed together.
Erik.

Erik,
No my friend, these children are the best case to save the world from imminent disaster. Maliciously antagonising them might backfire.
Charles.

Charles,
Who said anything about antagonising them? It's teaching them to work together despite their differences.
Erik.

Erik,
That's not teamwork. It's the Colosseum.
Charles.

Charles,
The Colosseum would be throwing them in the ring with attack dogs. Believe me, I know what barbarism is and this isn't even close.
Erik.

Erik,
Alright my friend we'll do it that way. I'll organise a three leg race and a round robin. Pity we don't have the numbers for a game of rugger. That was always fun.
Charles.

Charles,
It's not a competition, just get to lunch without killing each other. They'll automatically work together if they can't work alone. Put Loudmouth with Bigfoot and Raven with the Inmate. That should work reasonably well.
Are we done yet? My head's trying to kill me, and this thing isn't helping.
Erik.

Erik,
They do have names Erik. You concentrate on your head not exploding and I'll deal with the children. Do not worry my friend.
Charles.

Charles,
I used Raven's name didn't I? Wake me for lunch if I'm not up by then. Have fun playing with the kids, don't get hurt too badly, wear sunglasses.
Erik.

Erik
Now who is mothering whom. *chuckle*
Charles.

Charles,
Shut up.
Erik.

No comments:

Post a Comment